MANAGEMENT AND STRUCTURE
The Intercultural Community Development Centre is an incorporated association, managed by a Management Committee, elected at our annual AGM.
The committee has an appointed Director employed to manage the day to day activities of the committee, oversee and implement cooperative educational activities and teaching with local schools and manage the Cultural Resource Centre.
“Uniting People Through Language”
The Intercultural Community Development Centre was established on the Sunshine Coast in 1985 with an aim to foster community awareness and appreciation of the Italian Language and Culture through social and educational programs and events.
- to participate and contribute to the cultural and social fabric of the Sunshine Coast
- to develop , promote and preserve an awareness of the Italian language and culture and grow our membership base
- to assist and support people of Italian heritage
- provide opportunity for cultural and business exchange between Italy and Australiaraise cultural awareness by staging various cultural activities.
- development of mutually beneficial relationship with local schools, State & Private, and the University to realise educational opportunities and further our aims
- establishment and maintenance of Cultural Resource Centre
- extend a hand through friendship and support to the elderly, lonely and the isolated
The Intercultural Community Development Centre has worked in partnership with Education Queensland on the Sunshine Coast since 1985 to achieve these aims. This positive and close knit partnership allowed the committee to establish and maintain high quality Italian Language classes within schools throughout the Sunshine Coast. Our work was made possible by a financial contribution from the Italian Government through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the kind cooperation and support of the Italian Consulate in Brisbane.
Our latest Relazioni figures (data on classes and student numbers) show that there are over 15,000 students studying Italian in local schools. This is a wonderful achievement not only for our committee, but local schools, teachers and the wider community who have embraced Italian culture and language so generously.
Our Resource Centre allows the committee to provide night classes. Our centre can now host workshops, seminars and social activities. We house approximately 4,000 items relating to Italian culture, language and history, with borrowing being open to all our members and local schools. Membership is open to all members of the public. We also write, publish and market throughout Australia, our own range of Language Learning Materials for use in the learning and teaching of Italian.
ASSISTANCE FOR ITALIAN SENIORS
THE INTERCULTURAL COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CENTRE – ITAL-UIL BRISBANE
To assist seniors of Italian heritage we have developed a working partnership with ITAL-UIL Brisbane to provide Italian pension assistance and information.
Il patronato ITAL-UIL sará presente sulla Sunshine Coast presso gli uffici dell’Italian School Committee a Minyama ogni ultimo venerdi del mese a partire da venerdi
È necessario fare appuntamento ph: 5444 3122
An ITAL-UIL representative will be visiting The Intercultural Community Development Centre office at Minyama every last Friday of the month from 10:00am. The representative will assist with Italian pension matters.
It is necessary to make an appointment by phoning: 5444 3122